Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

So, I Haven't Bailed Out

I have just been busy as hell and kind of at a loss about what to do with this blog or how to go about it. I have been recommended wordpress and I'm looking into it. The problem is that I am an absolute moron when it comes to computers. I know how to turn it on and get to the interwebs, but that's about it.

So, the thought of figuring out how to "build" a website and blog that might have a more interactive way of working with comments and submissions has me a bit daunted.

My goal is this; to have discussions about politics and the way of our world that everyone feels they can be a part of. Many of the discussions I have had with people, including those that I would think are directly opposite my viewpoints, have had both sides realizing that they actually have much more in common than previously thought.

This is what our system is supposed to be; not everyone gets along, but, though clear and level-headed discussions, they usually want many of the same things. We are supposed to work together to achieve those results; not entrench ourselves on one side or the other.

American politics are embroiled in WWI trench warfare. The right and the left are so dug in and the middle is the "no man's land" that is bombarded with lobs from both sides. It is becoming apparent that our political outcome (the SuperComittee, healthcare, debt reductions, taxes, etc.) is going to be as futile as trench warfare.

I just want to do my part to increase awareness and spur what little discussion I can.

So, I'll be back when I figure out what to do with this. Any suggestions and direction are certainly appreciated.

Thanks for playing thus far. I'm looking forward to continuing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment